Our Mission: “Putting God’s love into action by assisting the refugee and asylum-seeking community to re-establish and assimilate their lives in the United States.”
WE CAN HELP
If you are an asylum-seeker or refugee living in Orange County, we would love to help you! Please call us at this number:
إذا كنت طالب لجوء أو لاجئًا يعيش في مدينة لوس أنجلوس أو مقاطعة أورانج الكبرى ، فنحن نرغب في مساعدتك! يرجى الاتصال بنا على هذا الرقم:
We offer a number of tools aimed at assisting refugee families as they re-establish their lives here in America. Each of these tools meet an essential need, including but not limited to: supplemental food, English instruction, financial counseling, housing assistance, job coaching, youth leadership corps, summer camp, and community connections within the Little Arabia neighborhood.
Winter Program Dates: 1/11/2021 – 3/26/2021
Spring Program Dates: 4/12/2021 – 5/28/2021
- Pathway to Citizenship Workshop | M | 7:00-8:30pm
- Healthy Mind & Heart | Tu | 7-8:30pm
- Computer Training | W | 7:00-8:30pm
- Kids & Teen Clubs | W | 7:00-8:30pm
- ESL Level 1 to 4 | M Tu W Th | 11:30pm to 1:00pm
- US Culture, News, and Hot Topics | M Tu W Th | 1:00pm to 1:30pm
- Conversational English | Th | 7:00-8:30pm
- Friday Night@theMovies | F | 6:30-8:30pm
- 1-on-1 Tutoring | M Th | 5:30-6:30pm
- 1-on-1 Job Coaching | By Appointment
For more information, please contact Joe at (714) 277-6843 (English) or Viola at (714) 886-0914 (Arabic)
We offer bags of food each week containing bread, meat, vegetables, fruit, dessert and other “staple” foods at 2:00 PM every Monday (Pre-Covid).
VOR will assist with interviewing skills, resumé preparation, job search and often arrange appointments for qualified refugee applicants. Also, we provide driving lessons.
Visits to refugee’s homes can be arranged upon request to share coffee with them and to practice English and teach other skills necessary for adjusting to life in the U.S.A. Personal counseling and mentoring is also available upon request.
VOR provides financial services like assisting with setting up bank accounts and other financial needs. Translation services for legal documents, social service document-completion assistance, citizenship classes and arranging government appointments are also available.
VOR will deliver donated items including:
- Household furnishings (refrigerators, microwaves, couches, televisions, tables, etc.);
- Beds, linens, blankets and towels;
- Kitchen tables, chairs, kitchenware and utensils;
- Toiletries, diapers, baby supplies;
- School supplies, backpacks, some electronics;
- Toys, games, stuffed animals.
We equip churches with opportunities to demonstrate Jesus love in a meaningful, transformational way while affecting the spiritual, relational and socio-economic lives of refugees living here in Southern California.
Job-skills training and employment assistance are often a critical need in helping refugees and asylum seekers build new lives here in Southern California. Our corporate partners help make this possible.
Our volunteers offer rides, teach ESL classes, lead small groups, deliver home goods and more. When you volunteer with us you are joining a family and making a meaningful impact.
UPDATES & OPPORTUNITIES
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay current on VOR updates and opportunities to get involved!