Our Mission: “Putting God’s love into action by assisting the refugee and asylum-seeking community to re-establish and assimilate their lives in the United States.”
WE CAN HELP
If you are an asylum-seeker or refugee living in Orange County, we would love to help you! Please call us at this number:
إذا كنت طالب لجوء أو لاجئًا يعيش في مدينة لوس أنجلوس أو مقاطعة أورانج الكبرى ، فنحن نرغب في مساعدتك! يرجى الاتصال بنا على هذا الرقم:
We offer a range of services aimed at assisting refugee families as they re-establish their lives here in America. Each service meets an essential aspect of resettlement, including but not limited to: essential food for the family, English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction, paperwork assistance, job mentoring, driving training, academic tutoring, enriched experiences for children and youth, and special community events & celebrations.
Summer 2022 Semester: 6/13/2022 to 8/10/2022
Fall 2022 Semester: 9/12/2022 to 12/16/2022
In Person Services:
- English Cafe | 2nd & 4th Fridays | 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Movie & Pizza Party for Kids | 2nd & 4th Fridays | 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Driving Training & Practice | By Appointment
- ESL Intermediate (Hybrid) | M Tu W | 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Art for Youth | M 7:00pm to 8:15pm
- Summer Camps for Kids & Teens | July 2022
- Special Community Events | For upcoming events, click here
Continuing Online Services:
- Pathway to Citizenship Workshop | M | 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- ESL Levels: Beginner to Advanced | M Tu W | 11:00 am to 1:00pm
- US Culture, News, and Hot Topics | M Tu W | 1:00 pm to 1:30pm
- 1-on-1 Academic Tutoring | M Th | 5:30 pm to 6:30pm
- 1-on-1 Job Coaching | By Appointment
We offer free fresh produce, dairy, and nonperishable food items to families struggling financially. Food Drive Thru is 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm each Thursday.
VOR will assist with interviewing skills, resumé preparation, and job search strategies for qualified refugee applicants.
Visits to refugee homes can be arranged upon request to share coffee with them and to practice English and teach other skills necessary for adjusting to life in the U.S.A. Personal counseling and mentoring is also available upon request.
VOR provides financial coaching such as assistance in setting up bank accounts. Translation of legal and social services documents, citizenship classes and arranging government appointments are also available.
VOR will deliver donated items including:
- Household furnishings (refrigerators, microwaves, couches, televisions, tables, etc.);
- Beds, linens, blankets and towels;
- Kitchen tables, chairs, kitchenware and utensils;
- Toiletries, diapers, baby supplies;
- School supplies, backpacks, some electronics;
- Toys, games, stuffed animals.
We equip churches with opportunities to demonstrate Jesus love in a meaningful, transformational way while affecting the spiritual, relational and socio-economic lives of refugees living here in Southern California.
Job-skills training and employment assistance are often a critical need in helping refugees and asylum seekers build new lives here in Southern California. Our corporate partners help make this possible.
Our volunteers offer rides, teach ESL classes, lead small groups, deliver home goods and more. When you volunteer with us you are joining a family and making a meaningful impact.
UPDATES & OPPORTUNITIES
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay current on VOR updates and opportunities to get involved!