IF YOU ARE A REFUGEE OR ASYLEE,
NEWLY ARRIVING OR RE-SETTLING IN THE U.S.,
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Hundreds of refugees and asylees are coming into Orange County every year from North Africa and the Middle East. If you know someone who needs help resettling, please call us today!
Our Mission, “Putting God’s love into action by assisting the refugee and asylum-seeking community to re-establish and assimilate their lives in the United States.”
WE CAN HELP
If you are an asylum-seeker or refugee living in Orange County, we would love to help you! Please call us at this number:
إذا كنت طالب لجوء أو لاجئًا يعيش في مدينة لوس أنجلوس أو مقاطعة أورانج الكبرى ، فنحن نرغب في مساعدتك! يرجى الاتصال بنا على هذا الرقم:
The VOR Learning Center offers services to help refugee and asylum-seekers to stablize and establish their lives, then thrive in OC.
- US History, Culture, & Morality Class: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday | 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- English Language Classes soon to be 4 Levels: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday | 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Computer Training: Monday Evenings | 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Homework Help for 4th to 8th Graders: Monday Evenings | 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Women’s Connection Group: Monday Evenings | 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Perishable Food Distribution: Mondays | 2:00 PM
- Job Preparations & Search Assistance | Monday 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, then by appointment
- Childcare for kids ages 6 months to Kindergarten: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday | 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday Evening | 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Summer Student Camp for students from Kindergarten to 12th grade: Monday through Thursday | 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM | June 22 to August 7th
For more information about Voice of Refugees, please contact Joe Guidotti at (714) 277-6843 (English) or Viola Wahba at (714) 886-0914 (Arabic)
VOR has developed a number of tools aimed at assisting each refugee family as they re-establish and restart their lives here in America. Each of these tools meet an essential need including supplemental food, language education, financial counseling, housing assistance, career training, employment opportunities and developing a new community within their neighborhood.
We offer bags of food each week containing bread, meat, vegetables, fruit, dessert and other “staple” foods at 2:00 PM every Monday.
VOR will assist with interviewing skills, resumé preparation, job search and often arrange appointments for qualified refugee applicants. Also, we provide driving lessons.
Visits to refugee’s homes can be arranged upon request to share coffee with them and to practice English and teach other skills necessary for adjusting to life in the U.S.A. Personal counseling and mentoring is also available upon request.
VOR provides financial services like assisting with setting up bank accounts and other financial needs. Translation services for legal documents, social service document-completion assistance, citizenship classes and arranging government appointments are also available.
VOR will deliver donated items including:
- Household furnishings (refrigerators, microwaves, couches, televisions, tables, etc.);
- Beds, linens, blankets and towels;
- Kitchen tables, chairs, kitchenware and utensils;
- Toiletries, diapers, baby supplies;
- School supplies, backpacks, some electronics;
- Toys, games, stuffed animals.
We equip churches with opportunities to demonstrate Jesus love in a meaningful, transformational way while affecting the spiritual, relational and socio-economic lives of refugees living here in Southern California.
Job-skills training and employment assistance are often a critical need in helping refugees and asylum seekers build new lives here in Southern California. Our corporate partners help make this possible.
Our volunteers offer rides, teach ESL classes, lead small groups, deliver home goods and more. When you volunteer with us you are joining a family and making a meaningful impact.
UPDATES & OPPORTUNITIES
Sign-up for our monthly newsletter to stay current on news and view opportunities to get involved!