Donate to Help VOR receive Afghan Families: Click on the Image below
Since October of 2020, VOR has received twenty-eight Afghan families and served another 109 Afghan families since 2012.
We hope to welcome more families soon! Photo Credit: Reuters Image
Our Mission: “Putting God’s love into action by assisting the refugee and asylum-seeking community to re-establish and assimilate their lives in the United States.”
WE CAN HELP
If you are an asylum-seeker or refugee living in Orange County, we would love to help you! Please call us at this number:
إذا كنت طالب لجوء أو لاجئًا يعيش في مدينة لوس أنجلوس أو مقاطعة أورانج الكبرى ، فنحن نرغب في مساعدتك! يرجى الاتصال بنا على هذا الرقم:
We offer a number of tools aimed at assisting refugee families as they re-establish their lives here in America. Each of these tools meet an essential need, including but not limited to: supplemental food, English instruction, financial counseling, housing assistance, job coaching, youth leadership corps, summer camp, and community connections within the Little Arabia neighborhood.
Fall Semester Dates: 9/7/21 to 12/10/21
In Person Services Coming Soon:
- Weekend Teen Sports | Sa | 10:00am to 11:30am
- Saturday Morning Social | Sa | 10:00am to 11:30am
- Special Events: Harvest Festival, Thanksgiving Dinner, Christmas Drive-Thru
Continuing Online Services:
- Pathway to Citizenship Workshop | M | 7:00pm to 8:30 pm
- ESL Levels: Beginner to Advanced | M Tu W | 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- US Culture, News, and Hot Topics | M Tu W | 1:00 pm to 1:30 pm
- 1-on-1 Academic Tutoring | M Th | 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- 1-on-1 Job Coaching | By Appointment
- Conversational English Cafe | Th | 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Friday Night@theMovies | Select Fridays | 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
We offer free fresh produce, dairy, and nonperisable food items to families struggling financially. Food Drive Thru is 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm each Thursday.
VOR will assist with interviewing skills, resumé preparation, job search and often arrange appointments for qualified refugee applicants. Also, we provide driving lessons.
Visits to refugee’s homes can be arranged upon request to share coffee with them and to practice English and teach other skills necessary for adjusting to life in the U.S.A. Personal counseling and mentoring is also available upon request.
VOR provides financial services like assisting with setting up bank accounts and other financial needs. Translation services for legal documents, social service document-completion assistance, citizenship classes and arranging government appointments are also available.
VOR will deliver donated items including:
- Household furnishings (refrigerators, microwaves, couches, televisions, tables, etc.);
- Beds, linens, blankets and towels;
- Kitchen tables, chairs, kitchenware and utensils;
- Toiletries, diapers, baby supplies;
- School supplies, backpacks, some electronics;
- Toys, games, stuffed animals.
We equip churches with opportunities to demonstrate Jesus love in a meaningful, transformational way while affecting the spiritual, relational and socio-economic lives of refugees living here in Southern California.
Job-skills training and employment assistance are often a critical need in helping refugees and asylum seekers build new lives here in Southern California. Our corporate partners help make this possible.
Our volunteers offer rides, teach ESL classes, lead small groups, deliver home goods and more. When you volunteer with us you are joining a family and making a meaningful impact.
UPDATES & OPPORTUNITIES
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay current on VOR updates and opportunities to get involved!