Our Mission, “Putting God’s love into action by assisting the refugee and asylum-seeking community to re-establish and assimilate their lives in the United States.”
Our vision is to effectively fulfill the needs of refugees through volunteers and by the financial assistance of many individuals and our local partners.
“The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born…” Lev. 19:34
“…Love your neighbor as yourself…” Matt. 12:31
We partner with like-minded organizations to help refugees through the services below:
- Citizenship Intensive Class (New Civics Test)| M | 7pm to 8:30pm
- Healthy Mind & Heart | Tu | 7pm to 8:30pm
- Kids & Teens Club | W | 7pm to 8:30pm
- Computer Class | W | 7pm to 8:30pm
- ESL Level 1 to Level 4 | M Tu W Th | 11:30pm to 1:00pm
- US Culture & News | M Tu W Th| 1:00pm to 1:30pm
- 1-on-1 Tutoring | M and Th | 5:30pm to 6:30pm
- Thursday Conversation Cafe | Th | 7pm to 8:30pm
- Friday Night @ the Movies | F | 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- 1-on-1 Job Coaching | By Appointment
- Food Sorting | Tu W Th | 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Food Delivery | Tu W Th | 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Furniture Ministry: Refugees have little to no cash, yet are in desperate need of items to furnish their apartments. Furniture donation is a great way of blessing them while creating opportunities for interaction.
Winter Semester Dates: January 11th to March 26th, 2021
Easter Break: March 29th to April 9th
Spring Semester Dates: April 12th to May 28th, 2021
We are expanding services to Thursday and evenings in 2020, so this is a great time to visit VOR to explore possibilities!
If you represent a business, university, church, or community group interested in helping refugees, contact Joe Guidotti at (714) 277-6843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer opportunities to church attendees to demonstrate God’s love in tangible ways by treating newcomers to the US with loving kindness and giving them a hand up, in the same manner that God freely gives His grace.